Online Co-Parenting Programs for Family Court Litigants
Below are recommendations for co-parenting classes that parties involved in family court litigation or struggling post separation can access on-line. Please take advantage of one or more of these valuable resources.
1. The Center for Divorce Education offers "Children in Between", a co-parenting program for divorcing and separating parents. The program is 4 hours and provides a certificate of completion. The cost is $45.95 for 30 days of access. This program covers money problems, long distance parenting, children carrying messages, quizzing children about the other parent, disparaging the other parent, and never married parents.
2. The Center for Divorce Education also offers "Children in Between High Conflict Solutions", an 8 hour high conflict level 2 co-parenting course, and "Children in Between for Kids", on online program for children ages 7-14 and their parents. These programs can be accessed at https://online.divorce-education.com.
3. Online Parenting offers a variety of programs for separated and divorcing parents, including: online co- parenting divorce class of 4-12 hours duration, ranging in price from $50 to $100; online high conflict co- parenting class of 6-16 hours duration, ranging in price from $70 to $170; online parenting skills basics class of 12 to 24 hours duration, ranging in price from $80 to $130, with modules for different age groups; online classes for children and youth of 4 hours duration, at a price of $50; online parenting skills thrive class, consisting of 12 classes of 2 hours each, at a cost of $20 each; and online high conflict/anger management class of 8 or 12 hours duration, at a cost of $100 or$140. These classes include final exams and a certificate of successful completion. These programs can be accessed at Onlineparentingprograms.com.
4. Diel Counseling offers a divorcing parents/co-parenting course. The cost is $55 and can be accessed at https://dielcounseling.com.
5. Family Bridges offers an online conflict resolution class called, "Growth - the Face of Tension." This program is offered in Spanish and English and uses biblical stories. The cost ranges from $10-$25 and can be accessed at https://www.familybridgesusa.org
6. Uptoparents.org- is a free resource with video of three children discussing how they are impacted by conflict between their parents.
7. Highconflictinstitute.com offers a 4 hour course called, "New Ways for Families". There are also 4-6 hour courses called, "Two Families Now" and "My Sons and Me" which is offered in Spanish.
8. At umn.edu/parenting/divorce-and-other-family-transitions parent can access, "Parents Forever", an online coparenting course which is 4 or 8 hours in duration. The cost is $69 or $89.
9. Finally, Divorceandparenting.com offers "New Beginnings", an online program developed by Arizona State University. There are separate programs for mothers and fathers. This is an interactive 6 week program with certificate for the Court. There is also a 10 week program addressing training in co-parenting as a separated couple and how to protect children from conflict with former partner, reducing conflict between parents, etc. Funded is provided by NIH and evidence based. The cost of this 6 week program is $49.
We hope you take advantage of these resources. If you have any questions, please call or text the Law office of Melissa Larsen, Esq. at (401) 218-0862 or e-mail [email protected].